Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

countdown

Just a few more days until we find out if Fleep is a boy or a girl! Our appointment is on Tuesday afternoon, and I can't wait! HOWEVER, they told me I needed to drink 40 ounces of water an hour before and hold it until after the ultrasound. Is this even physically possible for a non-pregnant person? I think with Snick, they told me 16 ounces. But maybe I'm wrong. It's been a long time.

Anyway, any guesses? Snick has switched from the name Fleep to the name SnuggleBaby. I asked him just now if he thought SnuggleBaby was a boy or a girl, and his response was, "I think you'll know when the machine figures it out. It will see if it is a boy or a girl, so that is the choice." Very sensible.

I've been feeling like this pregnancy is passing pretty quickly, until I counted out the time remaining this morning. After my first count of five months, I had to recount several times using my fingers, because I couldn't believe that at 19 weeks (almost halfway!) I could still have a full five months left! Yikes! I think I'll not think about it that way any more!

I'll have plenty to keep me busy between now and then - I have a baby quilt to make, a full preschooler's room to turn into a shared room (maybe a shared two-gender room), and lots of normal life stuff.

1 comment:

Katerina said...

Hang in there, girl! I'm excited for you to find out so soon, don't keep us waiting too long.
40 oz. does sound like too much, I think I had to do half of that, if not just 16 oz. Just do the best you can, I guess. What I did the last time worked great - drink normal up until you're in the waiting room. Once you're checked in, drink at least 8 oz. (or more) and sit tight. Keep sipping some H2O all the way until they put you down on the bed. That way your bladder will be full and won't feel like bursting for at least the 15 minutes it takes to do the ultrasound. Worth a try . . . :-)
Good luck! Miss you!