Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

a new start

A new blog is a lot like a brand-new, empty journal. What will fill its pages? Where will I be (physically and spiritually) when I finish it? Will I look back as I read the entries and laugh at my handwriting?  

These days, I'm hoping to carve out a little more time in my life for record-keeping, and I think that this blog will play a part. I make no promises, considering that I've written approximately 15 blog posts in the last year and a half. My previous space has been first, too public, then too private, and finally too private and too public all at once! Rather than deal with that, I'm just starting afresh, in a public but slightly more anonymous setting. We'll use simple code names here (the Husband, the Wife, the Three-Year Old, the Baby - these might evolve over time, we'll see), and if you know us in real life, we ask that you respect and go along with that system in your comments and links to this site.

So much has happened. We've struggled, we've rejoiced, we've had fun, and we've been boring. If only for my future self, those moments deserve a place in the world. And so here I begin.

1 comment:

Shan said...

I'm so glad you're writing again! I missed hearing about your life. :) And congrats on the baby!